So you’ve just placed an order on Uber Eats and then realize that you no longer want the food. What do you do? Cancelling an order on Uber Eats is actually really easy, but there are a few things that you need to know in order to do it successfully.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of cancelling an Uber Eats order, step-by-step. By the end, you’ll know exactly what to do the next time you need to cancel an order.
How to cancel your order
If you need to cancel an Uber Eats order, you can do so through the app.
- Open the Uber Eats app and sign in. Then, tap on the profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, select “Your Orders” from the menu that appears. Find the order you want to cancel and tap on it.
- On the next screen, select “Cancel Order.” You will be prompted to confirm your cancellation.
- Once you confirm, your order will be canceled and you will receive a refund for any charges that have already been processed.
Please note that you can only cancel an order before it’s been accepted by a driver. Once a driver has accepted your order, you won’t be able to cancel it.
Things to keep in mind
- Cancelling an order will incur a fee from Uber Eats. This will be displayed to you before you confirm the cancellation.
- You can only cancel an order if it is still in the ‘Processing’ stage. If it has been assigned to a delivery person, then you will not be able to cancel it.
- You may need to contact Uber Eats customer support in order to cancel your order. Their contact information can be found on the Uber Eats website or app.
If you need to cancel an Uber Eats order, don’t worry – it’s easy to do. Just follow the steps in this article and you’ll be able to cancel your order with no problem. And if you’re ever in doubt about whether or not you can cancel an order, just remember that Uber Eats always puts its customers first – so go ahead and cancel away!